Website Manager

Broadway Community Little League

Broadway Community Little League

News Detail


Mar, 2020

Season Postponed & Raffle Tickets

Good evening,

District 3 has informed us that we will postpone the season until May 11 as Little League International announced a few days ago. I don’t have any updates at this point as all seem to be weighing alternatives, contingency plans and the unknown. BCLL Opening Day that was planned for April 18 is now cancelled. If the season occurs we will have an end of the season celebration. We still plan to have the raffle ticket drawing as we have received a lot of sold tickets. With that being said, we still have a lot of outstanding tickets that have not been submitted. In order for the raffle to happen, several more tickets will have to be turned in. 

Please submit all sold tickets to Way Above Salon tomorrow Friday, March 20 between 5-6PM. If this time does not work, please text Erica at 540.908.0624 to make other arrangements. We will be announcing another drop off place and time for next week. If we could get all tickets returned no later than Friday, April 10, 2020 that would be helpful as we enter each kid into a drawing for every 10 tickets they sold.

Between 1-3PM on Saturday, April 18, we plan to have each drawing “live” on Facebook. We will post a list of all the winners on the website following the drawing.

Again, I will try to keep you posted on the status of the season. It sounds like if the season occurs beginning in May, Little League International will be providing additional information of how regular season and tournament play will occur. Here are some thoughts from our local league:

If the Spring Season occurs beginning May 11 (unless otherwise instructed by Little League International):

-          Games will begin.
-          End of the season celebration (Date TBD).
-          A discounted Fall Ball Season ($20 – typically $35). This fee would assist the fee of uniforms. We would include T-Ball, typically isn’t offered, as long as there are coaches and enough players.

If the Spring Season doesn’t occur (unless otherwise instructed by Little League International):

-          Form will be distributed for families to let us know what you would like to do with your registration fees: (request refund (excludes $3 transaction fee) or carry over until next Spring Season). If you are able, we ask for you just to carry it over to the next season. If you paid a late fee this year season and you register on time next spring season, we will refund the difference.
-          We ask for sponsors to keep their sponsorship’s in place for the following season. We understand with the unknown circumstances if you can’t. Please contact Shelane Thompson if you wish for your sponsorship money to be returned.
-          As soon as we are able, we will strive to offer clinics.

Like all of you we wish things could be different, but remember to use this time, if you are able, to support local businesses, spend time with your family, stay well, and make the best of the situation.



Broadway Community Little League
P.O. Box 628Timberville VA 22853 

Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2020 Broadway Community Little League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In